Top Turnout is most efficient. Sound daily routines are easiest and most successful:
• A good BRIDLE CLEANING is quick, if you are consistent. Tips for easy care and tack that will last a lifetime: http://www.luckybraids.com/edu/TackTrack.pdf
• Footing shouldn't glob onto HOOVES. Apply a thin veneer of dressing with a folded paper towel. Let dry. Gently brush hooves ringside.
• SCRIMS are valued mostly for shielding from the sun & keep backs from drafts. Here are details to dressing horses for work.
• POLISHED on an overcast day at Devon, Amanda Steege's: gloves are shiny, hat is brushed and coat is very well fitted.
• The horse's eye is so soft! Totally RELAXED, Balou was not rushed to the ring. Good time management promotes quiet confidence for BIG HEARTS to WIN. I have known Amanda since she was a junior and never saw her harried. Have a plan so you can be all set to show your best. Doing so is a way of Being.
• Bridle FITTING: a good fist full of slack is between the throatlatch & windpipe; the cavesson sits ~2 fingers below the point of the cheek; and the bit shows 2 wrinkles.
• Earplugs match skin, instead of distracting your eye from the pretty picture.
PROPER DAILY CARE saves time + $$. So, aim high. Keep to the good stuff. The little things add up. Manage time well. Be steady and ready.
Good job, Amanda!
Ruthann Smith has spent a lifetime studying sound horsemanship- both as a groom for top international horses and as a renowned braider. Quietly twisting manes atop a ladder, she watched and learned in some of the best stables in the world.
As her passion for great grooming grew, Ruthann became focused on researching, collecting and sharing the best practices of the world’s keenest horsemen. Ultimately, Ruthann used her vast experience to develop exceptional equine grooming products to help raise the bar of horsemanship.
The knowledge she dispenses and the products Ruthann developed solve age-old grooming issues. Making quality horse care easier, they have received the highest honors in the equine industry*. Her Lucky Braids for Top Turnout coat care and braiding products are the best, most versatile, cost-effective and easiest solutions available on the market today.
Now Ruthann offers her LOVE, LOVE Guarantee. If not totally thrilled with a product she developed, Ruthann will refund you in full, regardless of where you purchased it.
It’s her life’s mission to empower horses by educating, motivating and equipping their people to be true horsemen. You can access Ruthann’s tips at: The Grooming Resource on LuckyBraids.com, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and her Horsemanship Clinics.
*After testing 350 products, Lucky Braids All-In-One Horse Shampoo was named product of the year by Horse Journal, the “Consumer Reports” of the industry. They also named Lucky Braids Shampoo and Whitener Spray Top Pick for greys and whites. Lucky Braids specialized braiding yarn also got stellar reviews.